Unfortunately SourceForge dropps the E-Mail support for all project websites on June 26, 2017 (which includes this forum).

E-Mail is required for registration, password-reset and notifications - therefore after this date the creation of new accounts will no longer be possible.

Add a target format (an extension) to the map creation frame via Mobac

For discussions, questions and problems using MOBAC
takius

Add a target format (an extension) to the map creation frame via Mobac

Postby takius » 19 Apr 2017, 14:11

( google translate )

Hello,
I would like to open this subject because I would like to open my maps created via MOBAC on a new application (CGEO)
But it only accepts .MAP format

Here is a map format accepted by the application
Http://download.mapsforge.org/maps/

Do you know if MOBAC will ever be able to create this card format so that I can open it in the application?

Not knowing the programming, it is possible that a Codec is sufficient to add this format of creation to Mobac

Thank you for reading this post

Best regards

r_x
Site Admin

Re: Add a target format (an extension) to the map creation frame via Mobac

Postby r_x » 19 Apr 2017, 14:28

MOBAC can only output raster images. The Mapsforge MAP format uses vector data.

Hence MOBAC will never be able to create Mapsforge MAP files. Just the other way round: MOBAC can consume MAP files and create raster images from it.

As you have already posted the link to the Mapsforge download location, why do you want to create MAP files on your own? Just download the map file for your region, upload it to your phone and use it.

If you want smaller regions you can use Mapsforge-writer + osmosis to convert OpenStreetmap data to MAP files:
https://github.com/mapsforge/mapsforge/ ... -Writer.md
Please read the MOBAC FAQ and MOBAC README before posting.

takius

Postby takius » 19 Apr 2017, 19:24

thank you for your reply
In fact, I want to create my own maps with existing sources

Also, the "peculiarity" of the MAP format is to be compatible with the CGEO application which recognizes only this format

Like that, I would have my personal cards with the format that wants the application CGEO

r_x
Site Admin

Postby r_x » 19 Apr 2017, 20:33

The advantage of a vector based format is that you can change the render theme and therefore change what items are displayed or not and what color/style they appear. This is pretty complex for Mapsforge maps, read the Mapsforge Rendertheme page.
Please read the MOBAC FAQ and MOBAC README before posting.

Return to “Mobile Atlas Creator (English)”