Unfortunately SourceForge dropps the E-Mail support for all project websites on June 26, 2017 (which includes this forum).

E-Mail is required for registration, password-reset and notifications - therefore after this date the creation of new accounts will no longer be possible.

Where are all the map sources gone?

For discussions, questions and problems using MOBAC
sondre2

Re: Where are all the map sources gone?

Postby sondre2 » 02 Aug 2011, 15:48

frofid and r_x,

It does work !
I'm also not a developer, but I know that you can dowload something between 100 and 400 Mb each day.
With the "tile store download only" feature it's easy to collect enough data in a few days to make good map of your area.
I have done this myself...

r_x
Site Admin

Postby r_x » 02 Aug 2011, 20:24

As I wrote I only add new maps if I get the permission form the map provider.
Please ask the responsible person from statkart.no, describe the situation and ask for permission to ad their map to MOBAC. If you get a positive response forward it to me and I will reactivate the mapsource.
Please read the MOBAC FAQ and MOBAC README before posting.

sholex24

Postby sholex24 » 03 Aug 2011, 15:51

All you need is this https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/mobac/index.php?title=Fiddler. Keep in mind xml rules, google it... for example if you need to type & you must replace it with & and so on... works perfectly for me. ;)

susan65

Postby susan65 » 03 Dec 2011, 03:56

I wonder if this explains why I get large red crosses all over the map window when trying to download map tiles from New Zealand topo maps? Their website says their maps can be downloaded but all I get is red crosses. I can get the other maps.........

Fantastic programme!

susan65

Postby susan65 » 04 Dec 2011, 03:20

I figured it out for myself. :D

florinfl

Postby florinfl » 30 Dec 2011, 22:58

About 2-3 years ago I downloaded some maps from google with the older versions of Mobac. I'd like to use the newer versions of Mobac but with older maps. I tried to overwrite the jdb files from an open street map folder (which I've created with the 1.9.3 version) with the old jdb files but the my old maps are not recognized and probably overwrited (the things are more complicated I guess as I'm not a developer). So I'm not interested in updating the maps (although I'll miss it at some point :) ) but only to use what I already have on hard-disk and to convert to some other atlas formats that are in the newer versions of Mobac.

Thanks

r_x
Site Admin

Postby r_x » 06 Jan 2012, 18:08

Are you trying to use a tile cache from a old version that uses lots of single files instead of JDB files?

florinfl

Postby florinfl » 24 Jan 2012, 12:41

Sorry to answer so late. I solved the problem somehow (both in fact) but i dont know how I combined the files from the different versions of Mobac so the old jdb files could be loaded in the new Mobac version. I created a new xml source map and in the folder created I replaced the new jdb files with the old ones and somehow it worked finaly.

nwbrian

Postby nwbrian » 17 Feb 2012, 05:02

http://nationalmap.gov/ustopo/index.html
US Topo maps are available free on the Web through the USGS Store. Each map quadrangle is constructed in PDF format with geospatial extensions (GeoPDF®) format from key layers of geographic data – orthoimagery, roads, geographic names, contours and hydrographic features

If GeoPDFs have "Interactive capabilities with Google Maps®", can they be used as an open data source for MOBAC?

r_x
Site Admin

Postby r_x » 17 Feb 2012, 15:36

Not without explicit permission by the map map provider.

Return to “Mobile Atlas Creator (English)”