Unfortunately SourceForge dropps the E-Mail support for all project websites on June 26, 2017 (which includes this forum).

E-Mail is required for registration, password-reset and notifications - therefore after this date the creation of new accounts will no longer be possible.

Geoportal CH - adjust zoom factor?

For discussions, questions and problems that arise when developing new map sources for MOBAC
caerandirII

Geoportal CH - adjust zoom factor?

Postby caerandirII » 25 Jun 2017, 12:36

Dear all,

I currently try to create offline maps from the Switzerland topographic maps from geo.admin.ch. I registered with them and have a license for 25 Gigapixel of download. I was kind of able to access their WMTS with MOBAC, but as it turns out they use their own zoom levels and projection. From what I read in the MOBAC documentation and here in the forum it is not possible to do anything about it - the map seems to be un-integratable into MOBAC, but all I read was as old as 2014. Is it still correct that MOBAC relies on Google-compatible zoom/projection?

If someone wants to look deeper: http://wmts.geo.admin.ch/1.0.0/WMTSCapabilities.xml will give the details of their WMTS.

Caerandir

r_x
Site Admin

Re: Geoportal CH - adjust zoom factor?

Postby r_x » 25 Jun 2017, 12:40

What you have read is still valid. MOBAC uses images as they are. The logic for performing a reprojection is very complex and beyond the scope of MOBAC.
Please read the MOBAC FAQ and MOBAC README before posting.

caerandirII

Postby caerandirII » 25 Jun 2017, 14:39

Thanks for the quick answer. I totally understand this, however it's a pity, since the maps are of tremendous quality! I just found out that they do not only offer a WMTS, but also a WMS - perhaps I can get different projections there. But I don't think so - the Swiss are kind of proud to do everything slightly different :-)

caerandirII

Postby caerandirII » 26 Jun 2017, 22:07

Cool - WMS works! With the WMS the free registration "only" amounts for 5 gigapixel, but that's still roughly 76,000 tiles of 256x256 pixels - should be enough for a hiking vacation in Switzerland :-) I added the beanshell mapsource to my tutorial page. Enjoy - these are really high quality maps!

Return to “Map Source Development (English)”